Sunday, March 16, 2014

The search for the Missing Springbok

Haha my title sounds like a Nancy Drew mystery! 

This post is  explaining the second facebook status that I put up last week!  (To read about the first see my earlier post Eish)

Esther L Milanzi
After a really rough 24 hours, I am really grateful for the people God has placed in my life. I am weak without my support system. 


In order to understand this post you must meet Nala, our baby Springbok...




At our home we have a very large gate that is operated by a mini remote. After all of the excitement and exhaustion from the soccer game, I didn't realize that the gate didnt close all of the way.

At 5 in the morning, I recieved a wake up call from our landlord expressing frustration and panic because Nala was missing. EISH

It took me a minute to understand what was going on and in a sleepy haze I dragged myself out of bed and into the rain to search for our baby springbok. Finally my landlord told me to go back home there was nothing more that could be done. I entered the house sad and frustrated and still reeling from the previous night's adventures I burst into tears and did the only thing left. I prayed. I prayed and cried. Not even 20 seconds after I said Amen, my phone rang. It was my landlord. He had found Nala a few houses down, sleeping under a tree. God is soooooo good! :)

I went outside to help bring her back. At first we tried to pick her up by her legs to bring her back but she kicked and kicked and we were afraid that her legs would break or that she would have a heart attack. So we sat with her and fed her meale and tried to calm her down while the groundskeeper went to get a blanket. Once he returned she was a lot calmed and it was easier for him to wrap her in the blanket and carry her like a baby back to the house. When she was safe and back inside the gate, I broke down and cried out of sheer relief and more exhaustion. (Yeah I know you are super surprised by more tears. -insert sarcasm font)

I think I freaked out my landlord because he went from very angry to very paternal and tried to reassure me that everything was all right now and mistakes happen. EISH. Looking back now the entire situation was really crazy and comical but at the time and with everything happening in less than 24hrs it was too much to handle. Luckily, I have awesome roommates, who made me feel better about the situation and forced me to take a 'mental health morning.'

So that my friends and family is why I put up the second facebook post expressing exasperation and thanking my support system.

Fortunately, this last week has been extremely calm and full of relaxation for both me and Nala! Will post more soon.

Ke a le boha (thank you) for reading!

Lerato (love) Ubuntu

No comments:

Post a Comment